Tuesday 19 August 2014

Open House - Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

Coucou les amies,

During my Open House last week, the ladies also made second card. This one was designed to bring out everyone's inner-girly... Colouring always brings people back to their childhood and makes them feel young. So I thought we'd have fun colouring in the shopping lady image with the ShinHan Twin touch markers. We had blond, red heads, brunettes !

This stamp comes from the Better With A Friend stamp set (D1608). It is so fun and a little sassy. In the 2014-2015 Annual Inspirations book there are 10 stamp sets available exclusively to hostesses with sales of $150 or more. It's only $10 (retail value of $17.95). That's over a 40% savings.

I think the rectangular mat in Pixie Pink cardstock  also adds youthfulness to the card. I placed 2 clear bitty sparkles on the top right, but wanted them to pop a bit, so I coloured them with the marker. Love how from now on I will be able colour coordinate my bling !
Sassy Shopping Gal CTMH D1608 Better with a Friend stamp

We also had fun with zigzags (I know everyone keeps calling them chevrons, but what can I say, I prefer the word zigzag)

Everyone lined up 4 equal-sized strips. First at the top white Daisy cardstock, and the second black cardstock. We ran both pieces of white and black cardstocks through the BigKick using the chevron embossing folder, and then sanded the top of the black cardstock to reveal its white core.

This tied it into the white/black side of the Fundamentals paper pack (Basic colour collection), where one side is black & white and the other side is glossy black on black.

Glued everything down and voilà - sassy card. 
We kept the inside of the card blank so it could be given for a birthday, or as a thank you, or just because.

Thanks for looking, let me know what you think.

Dominique

No comments:

Post a Comment