Tuesday 23 August 2016

French stamps and watercolour - Encore

Rebonjour

Ok, alors on s'amuse.  Still playing with watercolour paint.  Not only does the watercolour paint give vibrant colour on the special watercolour paper that CTMH sells, but also on shimmer trim ! Who knew?

For these two cards I used the same Close To My Heart French stamp set called Happy to Be Friends C1605F.  It is so versatile with sentiments that can be used for all sorts of occasions. This is a MUST have in everyone's stash.
     
To start, I cut pieces of 12x12 watercolour paper down to fit the card front.

For the rainbow card, I put water in the barrel of the brush and dipped bristles straight into the colour and painted stripes directly onto the dry paper starting with orange, yellow, green, blue and then purple, no blending, going for bold vibrant colour contrast.  I also painted the stripes on the silver shimmer trim. Once the paint was dry, I stamped the sentiments in black ink, peeled the backing of the shimmer trim and adhered it to the rainbow paper, matted in black and glued to the card base.

watercolour rainbow card CTMH French stamp
Vibrant Rainbow 

For the pastel card, I did a wet wash on the paper first close to the paper's edge, then chose colours similar in muted intensity. I let the paint stripes overlap a bit and blend into one another making for a smoother transition.  When paint was dry I ripped the edges all around pulling paper towards me to reveal the core. When the paint was dry, I adhered the painted paper to the black mat and to the card base.  C'est si simple.
Muted Pastel

I used the watercolour paints and the medium flat watercolour brush.



CTMH Products:
Card base and envelope: Daisy White X254
Mat: black cardstock: 1386
watercolour paper: Z3146
watercolour paints: Z3132
watercolour brush: medium flat Z3226
shimmer trim: silver Z1799
stamp set: Happy to Be Friends C1605F

à bientôt,
Dominique

No comments:

Post a Comment